Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport Transfers
The largest of Hungary’s four commercial airports, Ferenc Liszt serves the capital city of Budapest. It’s located just 16 kilometres outside of the city centre and was renamed in 2011 to honour the Hungarian composer, Franz Liszt. If you’re travelling to Budapest, this airport will be your base and introduction to the city.
This airport was built in 1938 to be used for civil-military and sports purposes. It was severely damaged in World World II but was reconstructed between 1940 and 1943. The airport and its services have continued to grow and expand from there. Over 260 million Euros were spent to upgrade and modernize the airport into what it is today.
Passengers in The Previous Year
Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport saw 14.8 million passengers in 2018.
Number of Runways
The airport has two runways that are 3,000m and 3,700m long.
What City Does the Airport Primarily Serve?
Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport primarily serves the city of Budapest, which is the capital city of Hungary in the North of the country.
Frequent Journeys from Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport
Some of the most frequent journeys from Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport can be found below:
- Budapest Airport to City Centre
- Budapest Airport to Continental Hotel Budapest
- Budapest Airport to Keleti Station
Can I add a stop to the journey?
It is possible to add a stop onto the journey (additional fees may apply).
Most Popular Things to do in Budapest
The Ruin Bars
Ruin bars are distinctly Budapest, and definitely worth a visit, even if you’re not into the bar scene. These special watering holes are housed in abandoned buildings and are the centre of Budapest nightlife. Each one offers a different atmosphere from kitschy hipster hangouts to sprawling nightclubs. Szimpla Kert is a factory turned dance club that spans multiple levels and is one of the most popular spots in the city. There’s also Instant, a former apartment building that is now the biggest ruin bar in Budapest. There are various rooms with different DJ sets, plenty of art, grunge, and interesting characters.
There’s an underground cave system beneath Budapest and it’s definitely worth a visit. If you can handle tight spaces and aren’t afraid of the dark, visiting these caves is a must. Visitors will need to wear a helmet and a miner’s suit to keep them safe and protected as they inch their way through the caverns. While this is a unique and thrilling Budapest attraction, it’s certainly not for the faint of heart.
This castle is a World UNESCO Heritage Site that was built in the 13th century. It is a mix of medieval and Baroque design, and now houses the Hungarian National Gallery, which is one of the top art museums in the city.
Great Market Hall
Foodies will love this market as it’s filled with fresh meat, cheese, seafood, and locally made goods. The market hall spans three floors and offers plenty of culture alongside the traditional, Hungarian eats. When you aren’t taste-testing the food, do some shopping for meat, spices, fresh fish, crafts, and wine.
Take a Cruise on the Danube River
The Danube River is one of the main attractions in Budapest. Take a walk along the water and enjoy its views from nearby restaurants and bars. If you want to experience it a little more intimately, take a cruise. A boat tour is a great way to view the river from another perspective while enjoying dinner and drinks on board.
What Type of Vehicle is Best for Me?
As we have partnerships with a number of local taxi services within Hungary, we are able to arrange transport for everyone. Some of the options we have available are:
- Sedan – 3 persons + 3 bags
- Minivan – 6 persons + 6 bags
- Minibus – 8 persons + 8 bags
- Stretched Limousine – 8 persons + 8 bags (only available in select locations)
- Business – 2 person + 2 bags (only available in select locations)
We currently offer business travel options from this airport.
How To Book With Taxi2Airport
Here at Taxi2Airport, we want to take the stress away from booking your airport transfer, so we put together a short guide on how you book with us:
* Pick-Up Time: Please factor in travel time when requesting your pick-up time, especially if you need to be at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight takes off. Congratulations, you’ve just booked your airport transfer with Taxi2Airport! We hope you have a nice trip and look forward to seeing you again.
- Fill in your details with the form at the top of the page ensuring that all details are correct. *
- Click ‘Search for fares’.
- Select any additional options by clicking ‘Additional options’ next to your choice of vehicle.
- Next to your choice of vehicle, click ‘BOOK NOW’.
- Enter your contact information into the form or sign in if you already have an account with us.
- Select your payment method and then click ‘COMPLETE PAYMENT’.
- Enter your payment details and click ‘CONTINUE’.
- Please review your order and submit when you’re ready.
Not the right airport for you? Here are a few airports that are close to Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport: