Dublin Airport Transfers
Dublin is Ireland’s capital city and a hub for the country’s culture. The international airport is located just 7 kilometres from the city centre and is Ireland’s busiest by volume of passengers.
The Dublin airport location was once the site of the Collinstown Aerodrome back in 1917 during World War I. It was abandoned in 1922 and resurrected in 1937 when the current military aerodrome was relocated to the former Collinstown site. The first flight took place at this airport bound for Liverpool in 1940, but the services were restricted up until 1945 due to World War II. After the war was over, the airport began to expand and saw 920,000 passengers by 1950. The Dublin airport has continued to grow and was recently awarded the Special Achievement in Geographic Information Systems.
Passengers in The Previous Year
Dublin Airport saw 31.5 million passengers in 2018.
Number of Runways
Dublin airport has two runways.
What City Does the Airport Primarily Serve?
Dublin Airport primarily serves the metropolitan city of Dublin, which is the capital city of the Republic of Ireland.
Frequent Journeys from Dublin Airport
Some of the most frequent journeys from Dublin Airport can be found below:
- Dublin Airport to City Centre
- Dublin Airport to Temple Bar
- Dublin Airport to Heuston Station
Can I add a stop to the journey?
It is possible to add a stop onto the journey (additional fees may apply).
Most Popular Things to do in Dublin Airport
This iconic bar has a red exterior that can’t be missed. Tourists come from all over the world to pull up a stool at the bar and grab a Guinness. It dates all the way back to the 1300s and is still the centre of Dublin’s nightlife scene.
Guinness Storehouse Factory
A visit to Dublin is not complete without a visit to this drinking institution. It’s one of the city’s most popular tourist attractions, and for good reason. You’ll get to tour the storehouse, learning the history and process of how this famous beer is made. Expect to drink plenty of pints while you wander the building. You’ll even get a chance to learn how to pour your own pint, which you’ll earn a certificate for (it makes a great souvenir).
Tour The Old Jameson Distillery
Learn about the history and process of making Irish whiskey. This distillery was the main site of production until the 1970s. Now it’s a destination for tourists who want to learn all about the well known and loved drink. Visitors will get to do a whiskey tasting and receive a certificate at the end of their tour.
Visit St. Patrick’s Cathedral
This church is one of only two that were built in Dublin. It’s the largest church in Ireland and is the most popular among tourists. It was founded in 1191, so it’s historic and full of architectural beauty.
Visit Trinity College Library
You don’t have to love books to enjoy a visit to this spectacular library. It’s Ireland’s largest library and it looks like something out of a movie. You’ll find the Book of Kells, which is more than 1,000 years old!
What Type of Vehicle is Best for Me?
As we have partnerships with a number of local taxi services within Dublin Airport, we are able to arrange transport for everyone. Some of the options we have available are (please note this will vary between airports):
- Sedan – 3 persons + 3 bags
- Minivan – 6 persons + 6 bags
- Minibus – 8 persons + 8 bags
- Stretched Limousine – 8 persons + 8 bags (only available in select locations)
- Business – 2 person + 2 bags (only available in select locations)
We currently don’t offer business travel options from this airport.
How To Book With Taxi2Airport
Here at Taxi2Airport, we want to take the stress away from booking your airport transfer, so we put together a short guide on how you book with us:
* Pick-Up Time: Please factor in travel time when requesting your pick-up time, especially if you need to be at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight takes off. Congratulations, you’ve just booked your airport transfer with Taxi2Airport! We hope you have a nice trip and look forward to seeing you again.
- Fill in your details with the form at the top of the page ensuring that all details are correct. *
- Click ‘Search for fares’.
- Select any additional options by clicking ‘Additional options’ next to your choice of vehicle.
- Next to your choice of vehicle, click ‘BOOK NOW’.
- Enter your contact information into the form or sign in if you already have an account with us.
- Select your payment method and then click ‘COMPLETE PAYMENT’.
- Enter your payment details and click ‘CONTINUE’.
- Please review your order and submit when you’re ready.
Not the right airport for you? Here are a few airports that are close to Dublin Airport: