Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport Transfers
Charles De Gaulle Airport is the second busiest in Europe. It’s the largest airport in France, and one of the busiest in the whole world. This massive hub is split into four terminals with plenty of shops, restaurants, and amenities. Currently undergoing renovations, the airport will be made larger and more modern to accommodate around 80 million passengers by 2024.
Once called the Roissy Airport, this airport was opened in 1974. It is now named after Charles De Gaulle, a leader during World War II who was in charge of the Free French Forces. Since it was opened, this airport has seen expansions and renovations, which has helped it grow to accommodate the increasing number of passengers traveling through each year.
Passengers in The Previous Year
The airport saw around 72,229,723 passengers in 2018.
Number of Runways
This airport now has four runways.
What City Does the Airport Primarily Serve?
The Charles De Gaulle Airport serves Paris, France. Travelers can reach both local and international destinations from this airport. This airport is located in the town of Roissy, which is 25 kilometers from Paris.
Frequent Journeys from Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport
Some of the most frequent journeys from Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport can be found below:
- Charles De Gaulle to Disneyland Paris
- Charles De Gaulle to Gare du Nord
- Charles De Gaullee to the Eiffel Tower
Can I add a stop to the journey?
It is possible to add a stop onto the journey (additional fees may apply).
Most Popular Things to do in Paris
There’s nothing more iconic in Paris than the Eiffel Tower. Visit during the day for a picnic on the lawn or during the evening to watch the tower come alive with twinkling lights. You can grab a bottle of wine, a baguette, and some cheese from a local grocery and take in the essence of the Eiffel Tower and everything it represents.
A trip to Paris isn’t complete without a visit to the Louvre. It’s the home of the Mona Lisa, as well as a vast collection of other famous works. The architecture of the museum itself is a masterpiece so make sure to stop by, even if you don’t go inside. Visitors will find more than 30,000 artworks from the 15th to the 19th century. Since you won’t be able to see everything in just one visit, make sure to check out the highlights. Aside from Mona Lisa, you should see Victory of Samothrace, Venus de Milo, Wedding Feast at Cana, and Liberty Leading the People.
Avenue des Champs-Élysées
This main strip is one of the highlights of Paris life. It’s lined with luxury boutiques, hotels, restaurants, and quaint cafes. This area is perfect for people watching, strolling, and taking in the everyday life of Paris. Make sure to stop by the Arc de Triomphe, which is located in line with the avenue.
This stunning building is full of Impressionist art. Visitors can find the works of Monet, Renoir, Lautrec, Van Gogh, and more. The building itself is absolutely gorgeous, so coming to admire the architecture is a must. There’s an upscale restaurant inside so you can take a break for lunch and see even more of the museum after you’ve refueled.
The Seine River
You can’t miss the River Seine in Paris. Take a walk along the water to look at the beautiful views or hop on a river boat for a tour. A cruise along the Seine will give you a different perspective of the main sites in Paris so look out for the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and the Notre-Dame cathedral.
What Type of Vehicle is Best for Me?
As we have partnerships with a number of local taxi services within France, we are able to arrange transport for everyone. Some of the options we have available are (please note this will vary between airports):
- Sedan – 3 persons + 3 bags
- Minivan – 6 persons + 6 bags
- Minibus – 8 persons + 8 bags
- Stretched Limousine – 8 persons + 8 bags (only available in select locations)
- Business – 2 person + 2 bags (only available in select locations)
We currently offer business travel options from this airport.
How To Book With Taxi2Airport
Here at Taxi2Airport, we want to take the stress away from booking your airport transfer, so we put together a short guide on how you book with us:
* Pick-Up Time: Please factor in travel time when requesting your pick-up time, especially if you need to be at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight takes off.
- Fill in your details with the form at the top of the page ensuring that all details are correct. *
- Click ‘Search for fares’.
- Select any additional options by clicking ‘Additional options’ next to your choice of vehicle.
- Next to your choice of vehicle, click ‘BOOK NOW’.
- Enter your contact information into the form or sign in if you already have an account with us.
- Select your payment method and then click ‘COMPLETE PAYMENT’.
- Enter your payment details and click ‘CONTINUE’.
- Please review your order and submit when you’re ready.
Congratulations, you’ve just booked your airport transfer with Taxi2Airport! We hope you have a nice trip and look forward to seeing you again.
Not the right airport for you? Here are a few airports that are close to Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport:
Frequently asked questions
- How long does it take to get from Airport Charles de Gaulle (CDG) to city centre?
- Charles de Gaulle airport (CDG) is approximately 25 km away from the Paris city centre. The journey by taxi/car is on average 35 minutes. The airport is often very busy, therefore we advise you to book beforehand a taxi. It helps you to start your travel without the hassle of finding a taxi.
- How far is Airport Charles de Gaulle (CDG) from the city centre?
- Charles de Gaulle (CDG) airport is fairly close to the city centre of Paris, only 25 km. If you are travelling by car or taxi, it shouldn't take you more than 35 minutes to reach your destination.
- How much is taxi from Airport Charles de Gaulle (CDG) to city?
- a taxi trip from Airport Charles de Gaulle (CDG) to Paris city centre costs in average 69€.
- How far is CDG airport from Disneyland Paris?
- Charles de Gaulle (CDG) airport is situated 44 km away from Disneyland Paris. It will take around 40 minutes by car in light traffic. However, if there is a lot of traffic, this journey will take longer.
- How long does it take from Airport Charles de Gaulle (CDG) to Disneyland Paris?
- The travel time from Airport Charles de Gaulle (CDG) to Disneyland Paris by taxi is roughly 40 minutes (in light traffic). It is also possible to travel by train. The travel time is roughly 40 minutes, this is 10 minutes train journey plus average waiting time of 30 minutes.