Hong Kong International Airport Airport Transfers
The airport is located on the Hong Kong island of Chek Lap Kok and is a hub for business and leisure travellers from around the world. The Hong Kong International Airport sees several million passengers every year who enjoy the modern facilities. It’s the busiest cargo gateway in the world and is one of the busiest passenger airports across the globe.
The airport was first opened in 1998 and now connects over 220 destinations worldwide via 120 airlines. There are more than 230 shops and 70 restaurants. Construction began in 1991 as the new airport was being built at Chek Lap Kok. It was in 2010 that it became the world’s busiest cargo airport.
Passengers in The Previous Year
This airport saw 74.7 million passengers in 2018.
Number of Runways
This airport has two runways.
What City Does the Airport Primarily Serve?
Hong Kong International Airport primarily serves the city of Hong Kong which is a special region of the People's Republic of China.
Frequent Journeys from Hong Kong International Airport
Some of the most frequent journeys from Hong Kong International Airport can be found below:
- Hong Kong Airport to Kowloon
- Hong Kong Airport to Macau
- Hong Kong Airport to Shenzhen
Can I add a stop to the journey?
It is possible to add a stop onto the journey (additional fees may apply).
Most Popular Things to do in Hong Kong
Visiting Victoria Harbor is a must while visiting Hong Kong, especially from Victoria Peak. Take the cable car to the top of the peak and take in the breathtaking view of the city. Visit both during the day and at night so you can get the full experience.
World’s Longest Escalator
Hong Kong is home to the world’s longest outdoor escalator. It connects the Central and Western districts and is surrounded by shops and restaurants. You can check out the various dining options and bars in between rides.
The Ladies Market
This city is known for its street markets, and The Ladies Market is one of the most popular. If you’re looking to shop for bargain clothing and accessories, this is the place. Don’t worry, this market isn’t exclusively for women; it’s a shopping haven for anyone who loves to browse and bargain.
Tian Tian Buddha
This is one of the largest sitting Buddha statues in the world. You’ll need to climb over 250 stairs to reach it, but the trek is worth it.
Hong Kong Disney is a great place to spend a day while visiting Hong Kong. This resort may be smaller than the other Disney amusement parks around the globe, but it certainly packs in the fun and charm. You’ll see the classic Disney characters with a mix of Chinese culture.
Visit the Hong Kong Stars
The Hong Kong stars are similar to those in Hollywood and pay tribute to some of the biggest film stars in the country. While you may not know who many of them are, Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan definitely stand out.
Experience Lan Kwai Fong
This is the epicentre of Hong Kong nightlife. Expect to see the streets alive with locals, tourists, and colourful lights. You’ll find nightclubs, bars, lounges, and hangouts. No matter what kind of nightlife you’re looking for, you’ll be sure to find it here.
What Type of Vehicle is Best for Me?
As we have partnerships with a number of local taxi services within Hong Kong, we are able to arrange transport for everyone. Some of the options we have available are (please note this will vary between airports):
- Sedan – 3 persons + 3 bags
- Minivan – 6 persons + 6 bags
- Minibus – 8 persons + 8 bags
- Stretched Limousine – 8 persons + 8 bags (only available in select locations)
- Business – 2 person + 2 bags (only available in select locations)
We currently don’t offer business travel options from this airport.
How To Book With Taxi2Airport
Here at Taxi2Airport, we want to take the stress away from booking your airport transfer, so we put together a short guide on how you book with us:
* Pick-Up Time: Please factor in travel time when requesting your pick-up time, especially if you need to be at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight takes off. Congratulations, you’ve just booked your airport transfer with Taxi2Airport! We hope you have a nice trip and look forward to seeing you again.
- Fill in your details with the form at the top of the page ensuring that all details are correct. *
- Click ‘Search for fares’.
- Select any additional options by clicking ‘Additional options’ next to your choice of vehicle.
- Next to your choice of vehicle, click ‘BOOK NOW’.
- Enter your contact information into the form or sign in if you already have an account with us.
- Select your payment method and then click ‘COMPLETE PAYMENT’.
- Enter your payment details and click ‘CONTINUE’.
- Please review your order and submit when you’re ready.
Not the right airport for you? Here are a few airports that are close to Hong Kong International Airport: