Rome Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport Transfers
Rome Airport, also called, Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport, is the largest in Italy. It’s the most popular airport in Rome, and one of the busiest in Europe. If you’re traveling to Italy, there’s a good chance you’ll touch down here. Want to know more? Here’s a breakdown of this bustling airport in Rome.
Named after Leonardo Da Vinci who invented the flying machine, the Rome airport was opened in 1961 with two runways. The airport saw heavy investment during the 1960s, with multiple projects and growth. Over the years the airport has seen many renovations, expansions, and improvements.
Passengers in The Previous Year
This airport served around 43 million passengers in 2018.
Number of Runways
This airport has four runways.
What City Does the Airport Primarily Serve?
This airport primarily serves Rome, Italy. It’s a bustling hub that brings people into this major city and out to both local and international destinations. The airport is located in the Fiumicino region of Rome.
Frequent Journeys from Rome Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport
Some of the most frequent journeys from Rome Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino can be found below:
- Rome Fiumicino Airport to City Centre
- Rome Airport to Train Station
- Rome Airport to Rome Termini
Can I add a stop to the journey?
It is possible to add a stop onto the journey (additional fees may apply).
Most Popular Things to do in Rome
This may be the most well-known tourist attraction in Rome. The Colosseum is the remains of the ancient amphitheater that Rome is known for. This was the site of performances and elaborate shows during the Roman days. It’s a must-see while visiting and even if you don’t go inside for a tour, you’ll want to take a photo outside to commemorate the moment.
The Vatican is technically a city within itself, but it’s found in Rome. It’s a religious site that’s definitely worth a visit, even if you’re not religious. The architecture, culture, and art make the Vatican an incredible place to explore. Make sure to visit St. Peter’s Basilica and St. Peter’s Square. Spend plenty of time wandering around the many museums to see masterpieces by Michelangelo, like the Sistine Chapel. The highlights include the Etruscan Museum, Picture Gallery, Museum of Secular Art, the Raphael Rooms, and the Vatican Library.
This is one of the best-preserved Roman monuments around. It’s about 2,000 years old and is in great shape. Visitors can tour the inside to learn about the history or just take in the impressive architecture from outside its doors. Visit at night when the building is beautifully alight to experience The Pantheon in a whole new way.
Walking through this open-air museum is like stepping back in time. These ancient remains used to be at the heart of ancient Rome, and now stand as a historical reminder in the midst of a modern, bustling city. While visiting, make sure to see the Heart of Titus, Temple of Antonius Pius, Temple of Saturn, Temple of Vesta, Temple of Castor and Pollux, and Arch of Septimus Severus.
This 17th century fountain is not only a masterpiece, but an icon. It’s a must-see when visiting Rome so make sure to stop by both day and night to see the fountain at its best. Don’t forget to throw a coin over your shoulder and make a wish.
What Type of Vehicle is Best for Me?
As we have partnerships with a number of local taxi services within Italy, we are able to arrange transport for everyone. Some of the options we have available are (please note this will vary between airports):
- Sedan – 3 persons + 3 bags
- Minivan – 6 persons + 6 bags
- Minibus – 8 persons + 8 bags
- Stretched Limousine – 8 persons + 8 bags (only available in select locations)
- Business – 2 persons + 2 bags (only available in select locations)
We currently don’t offer business travel options from this airport.
How To Book With Taxi2Airport
Here at Taxi2Airport, we want to take the stress away from booking your airport transfer, so we put together a short guide on how you book with us:
* Pick-Up Time: Please factor in travel time when requesting your pick-up time, especially if you need to be at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight takes off.
- Fill in your details with the form at the top of the page ensuring that all details are correct. *
- Click ‘Search for fares’.
- Select any additional options by clicking ‘Additional options’ next to your choice of vehicle.
- Next to your choice of vehicle, click ‘BOOK NOW’.
- Enter your contact information into the form or sign in if you already have an account with us.
- Select your payment method and then click ‘COMPLETE PAYMENT’. Enter your payment details and click ‘CONTINUE’.
- Please review your order and submit when you’re ready.
Congratulations, you’ve just booked your airport transfer with Taxi2Airport! We hope you have a nice trip and look forward to seeing you again.
Not the right airport for you? Here are a few airports that are close to Rome Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino: